Let these encouraging bible verses give you encouragement, comfort and inspiration. There is no better encouragement than from the Word of God. These verses from Scripture are ones that are uplifting and offer hope.
To quote Warren W. Wiersbe, from his book, The Bumps Are What You Climb On,
“. . . the best encouragement comes from the heart of God through the pages of His Word.”
And if you have ever doubted the Bible is true, consider the thoughts of Rick Warren:
“External evidence includes things like the number of copies of the Bible from around the time that it was written. That’s what historians look for to see if a book is accurate and true to dismiss any possibility that a book was changed as it was passed down from generation to generation. There are 5,366 copies of the Bible from when it was written to just 70 years afterward.”
Encouraging Bible Verses Old Testament
- This is my command – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 (NLT)
Our thoughts on this verse:
It is far too easy to assume that God is not near you or with you when there are times of anguish, problems or pain. The truth is, however, that no matter what we are experiencing, no matter what we are dealing with, God is with you. But, lean not on your own power to overcome or to work through issues that seem daunting. First, draw close to God in prayer and ask Him to walk with you, to counsel you, and to give you the strength that you need.
Quotes about God
- Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 (NRSV)Bold
- For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
Encouraging Bible Verses for Depression
- Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who maintains covenant loyalty with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations, Deuteronomy 7:9 (NRSV)
- Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Psalm 23:4 (NLT)
- Even though you intended to do harm to me, God intended it for good, in order to preserve a numerous people, as he is doing today.
Genesis 50:20 (NRSV)
- But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
Jeremiah 17:7 (NLT)
- O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34 (NRSV)
- The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)
- Encouraging Bible Verses Psalms and Proverbs
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
Psalm 23:1 (NLT)
Poems about Faith